Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What to do about "broken" state
On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 06:04:12PM -0500, Greg Ward wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on setting up a private OBS to replace an old version that
has been running for many years. I need to build packages for *at least*
CentOS 7 and Scientific Linux 6.x (x = 7, 8, whatever is latest). I
successfully added a project "CentOS:C7" as a binary import. We already
have local mirrors of all upstream OS packages, so IMHO there's no point
in using download-on-demand.

Anyways, after I added the CentOS:C7 project and configured my
home:gward project to build for CentOS 7 using that project, packages in
my project were in state "broken" for a little while. I poked around
trying to figure things out, but did not succeed. After a while, I
noticed that the packages had built -- apparently *something* cleared
the "broken" state, but I have no idea what.

So I carried on and added a project ScientificLinux:SL6.7. To the best
of my knowledge and memory, I repeated the same steps that I did to
create CentOS:C7. And it half worked: packages in home:gward now want to
build for SL 6.7, i586 and x86_64. But it half didn't work: those
packages have been stuck in state "broken" for ~30 min now, and they do
not appear to be magically getting unbroken.

Any idea what is going on here? How do I investigate when a package is
"broken"? How do I unbreak it?

Use "osc results -v" in the package to see why it is broken (or the popup on
the website).

It might be repository related or package related, but its hard to say.

Ciao, Marcus