[opensuse-buildservice] Problem building packages relying on ncurses
Hi,

I'm the maintainer of the BATS package (Bash Automated Testing System):

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:tools/bats

Lately, the build on OBS has started to fail for Factory-like distros.
The build errors can be reproduced when building locally using "osc
build".

The problem is that the "tput" command (from the ncurses-utils package)
doesn't work properly within the chroot'ed build environment used by
OBS. BATS relies on running "tput cols" to figure out the console
width. When building the package for Leap 42.2, for example, it works
fine, but building for a Factory-like target fails with the error

  tput: terminal attributes: No such device or address

I'm not an expert on how the terminal system works, so I can't tell if
this a bug in the chroot'ed build environment, or if I just need to add
extra BuildRequires declarations to make it work (if so, which ones?).

I hope someone out there can enlighten me on this issue?

Regards,
Olav