Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Erroneous Mageia package installation instructions provided by the OBS
On Freitag, 3. Februar 2017, 09:19:09 CET wrote Brenton Horne:
Hi,

I've noticed that for Mageia 5 the OBS provides erroneous installation
instructions. For example, view the Mageia 5 installation instructions
for this package
(https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Afusion809&package=vim),
notice how they presently are (running these commands as root):

urpmi.addmedia home:fusion809
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:fusion809/Mageia_5/
urpmi.update -a
urpmi vim

This fails, the correct instructions would instead be (running these
commands also as root):

urpmi.addmedia home:fusion809
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:fusion809/Mageia_5/$(uname
-m)

urpmi.addmedia home:fusion809
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:fusion809/Mageia_5/noarch
urpmi.update -a
urpmi vim

You really need to add noarch and the architecture? This looks quite
different/wrong
to me. Are you sure that this is not a bug in the urpmi tool?

(uname -m might not always match btw and the src repo would need to get added
as well?)

For further details please refer to this openSUSE forums topic I
started on this very subject
(https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/522652-Errors-adding-my-Mageia-5-repository-using-the-OBS-instructions).

Sorry, not checked there yet, but maybe do create an issue for the software
portal
here:

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o

(this is not really an OBS issue)