Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linking another package from within the same home project

On 20.01.2017 05:15, Sean V Kelley wrote:
Hi, I have a question on OSC. I have two packages in my home: project on
opensuse.org. How do I set up a link or something so that when I build one
package it knows to grab or link the other package from my home: project?

Scenario:

Home Project

Package 1 (built and online)
Package 2 (working on it locally)

So I have a BuildRequires in my SPECFILE for Package 2 and when I try to do an
osc build it complains that it can't find that package. So it is looking in
Factory but it should be looking in my home: project instead. How do I add
that to the second package so it knows where to look?

Is this related to adding a _link file to the Package 2?
You can build the package in your repository with a _link file
Heres an example of our local OBS instance with a link to the outside
<link project='openSUSE.org:home:uibmz:opsi:opsi40' package='python-opsi'/>
Replace the repository after OpenSUSe.org to the package repository you want to link against and the packagename.
If you link on the official OBS instance you can remove the OpenSUSE.org: prefix

Cheers

--
Mathias Radtke

---
http://uib.de/de/support-schulung/schulung/

---
uib gmbh
Bonifaziusplatz 1B
55118 Mainz

Tel. 06131 / 27561-16 <phone:061312756116>
Fax 06131 / 27561-22 <phone:061312756122>

E-Mail: m.radtke@xxxxxx
Internet: www.uib.de

Geschäftsführer: dr. detlef oertel & erol ueluekmen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 6942