Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use more namespaces to organise controllers
El mar, 17-01-2017 a las 11:42 +0100, Björn Geuken escribió:
On 01/13/2017 10:43 AM, Evan Rolfe wrote:
Hi all, I have a PR in which I've started to use namespaces to
organise
some new controllers and wanted to make sure everybody is onboard
with
this pattern since currently the only namespace we have in the
controllers is Webui.

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/pull/2544

Those controllers are:

Source::KeyInfoController
(https://github.com/evanrolfe/open-build-service/blob/8f016cb6b731e
7d4261e4e268e7b2c84467d87cf/src/api/app/controllers/source/key_info
_controller.rb)

Webui::Projects::PublicKeyController
(https://github.com/evanrolfe/open-build-service/blob/8f016cb6b731e
7d4261e4e268e7b2c84467d87cf/src/api/app/controllers/webui/projects/
public_key_controller.rb)

Webui::Projects::SslCertificateController
(https://github.com/evanrolfe/open-build-service/blob/8f016cb6b731e
7d4261e4e268e7b2c84467d87cf/src/api/app/controllers/webui/projects/
ssl_certificate_controller.rb)

In the case of Source::KeyInfoController this is an alternative to
adding another method to SourceController which already has > 1600
lines. Namespacing will also allow us to follow a
"one-controller-per-resource" (REST) pattern which would make the
controller code simpler and more uniform.

Here is a pretty good article about this from our "Lord and Savior
DHH™"
http://jeromedalbert.com/how-dhh-organizes-his-rails-controllers/

Please let me know what you think.

-Evan

Hey,

I like the idea. Seems to be a nice way to structure our code.

Cheers
Björn

--
Björn Geuken - Rails Developer - Open Build Service
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,

I agree, it will help us to be closer to having a REST API using the
same code

Regards