[opensuse-buildservice] Re: RPM naming conventions in OBS
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:03:40 +0100
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxx> wrote:

There is no reliable way, because people are creative.

Hmmm. This difference in naming is so pervasive that I thought there
was some rule.

This has nothing to do with OBS really, as it depends on the policies of
the distribution. For openSUSE, there is
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_naming_guidelines>.

I see references to the fact that the -devel packages may exist. But I
did not see where the naming policy is. So I guess there isn't one.

OOC, in yast, when enabling showing -devel packages, I guess if just
looks for '-devel' in the name.

--
Roger Oberholtzer