Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: RPM naming conventions in OBS
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Malcolm <malcolmlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Run ldd over the binary?

That's how I get the libs in the first place. I also found that
running ldd on the libs I get this way catches a few more
dependencies. I just can't get the ones an app loads with dlopen. You
can't get everything.

One reason we do this exercise is so we can be sure we are not
violating any licenses. Instead of trusting some docs, we check the
binaries and libraries direct. For this we don't need the -devel
names. We set up various virtual machines (and the odd Raspberry PI)
as development/test systems. It's nice to get the needed RPMs
installed with minimum hassle.

--
Roger Oberholtzer