[opensuse-buildservice] Re: RPM naming conventions in OBS
On 15.12.2016 17:01, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have a script that makes a list of all the RPMs that must be
installed to satisfy a directory full of binary programs. The RPMs are
already installed. The purpose of the script is to get the list of
RPMs so they can easily be installed on a different system.

I have no trouble finding the name of the RPM with the needed libraries.

For example,

rpm -q --queryformat "%{NAME}\n" --whatprovides /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1

also looking at your original e-mail, it's probably nicer to use "-f" in
place of "--whatprovides", to query actual installed files as opposed to
symbols
and you can use the same trick, i.e., asking about the unversioned
library -f /usr/lib/libsndfile.so

regards
m.