Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RPM naming conventions in OBS

On Thursday 2016-12-15 17:01, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

My problem is when I want to install the -devel package as well. In
this case, I need to install libsndfile-devel. Note the missing '1' in
the name.

My question is, given that I know the name of the library RPM, how can
I derive the name of the -devel package? Sometimes it is just to add
-devel to the name. Sometimes not.

1. rpm -qi libsndfile1 => gives you the SRPM name.
2. checkout openSUSE:Factory/$name/$name.spec and look for
one or more devel subpackages.