Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: A non operating suse_version macro?
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2016 01:42:01 +0100
Dear Ondřej,

On Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2016 21:17:54 Ondřej Súkup wrote:
add _constraints file .. with desired minimal limits for buildhost

Thanks for your idea, but libqt5-qtbase has a _constraints already.

How do you think will these _constraints parameter change the way, BS
evaluates the spec file for opensuse version conditionals?

Here's the story:

libqt5-qtbase as of Qt5.7 has grown a new lib libQt5EglFsKmsSupport.so*, which
only builds with a more current Mesa library, that is missing for 13.2.
The build for 13.2 succeeds, but when it comes to package the built files, BS
bails out due to the missing lib, while it shouldn't, because the opensuse
version conditional should exclude this glob from any packaging attempt at
all. While this works fine on all local build facilities including kvm, it
fails consistently on BS.

This last fact makes me think, that something with the spec file evaluator,
that is running on BS, is fishy, but only since the last couple of weeks,
because I've used such excludes every now and then since ages with no adverse
effects before.

Pete

http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.build_j
ob_constraints.html