Re: [opensuse-buildservice] myspell-korean missing
  • From: David Renz <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 01:15:45 +0100
Thanks for the info! I already sent my message to the opensuse-factory mailing
list, hopefully this issue can be solved soon. :)

Kind regards

David

Am Freitag, 18. November 2016, 10:31:31 CET schrieb Simon Lees:
On 11/18/2016 10:17 AM, David Renz wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm doing some localization work for an open-source project and therefore
wanted to install the myspell-korean spell check dictionary, which is not
available for openSUSE 42.2. It's available for 13.x
(http://rpm.pbone.net/
index.php3/stat/4/idpl/29260793/dir/opensuse_13.x/com/myspell-
korean-0.4.3-32.3.1.noarch.rpm.html), but this package can't be installed
on 42.2 due to dependency conflicts.

I solved this by downloading the Debian package from https://
packages.debian.org/en/sid/hunspell-ko and then put the files into the
according directories (except
/var/lib/dictionaries-common/hunspell/hunspell- ko, this directory
doesn't exist on openSUSE). After having done so I was able to use the
Korean dictionary with LibreOffice.

Is there anyone who would like to build a myspell-korean package which
could then be added to the 42.2 repo? Otherwise I wouldn't mind doing
that by myself, since I'd like to contribute to the openSUSE project and
I'd appreciate having the chance to get more familiar with the building
process.

Kind regards

David

generally where new packages are discussed, you will probably get better
feedback there as more openSUSE devs are subscribed. If you would like
to learn how to do it there are certainly people willing to help, having
a look at build.opensuse.org is a good starting point.