Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Let's OBS Understand Recommends to Resolve "have choice for".
On Donnerstag, 17. November 2016, 11:39:16 CET wrote Jan Engelhardt:

On Thursday 2016-11-17 02:53, MyungJoo Ham wrote:

When there are multiple packages available for a specific "Requires:" entity
during OBS build,
even if it is directed to a single package with "Recommends:", OBS says

Because recommends does not specify a hard requirement, it is not directing.
You have to use Prefer lines in prjconf.

Well, I can follow MyungJoo with his proposal. It is just hard to make this
change
now, because we may risk that older builds are not the same anymore.

We would need some trigger that only newer projects take recommends for choice
error
into account, maybe some flag in project config ....

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany