[opensuse-buildservice] Let's OBS Understand Recommends to Resolve "have choice for".
  • From: MyungJoo Ham <myungjoo.ham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 01:53:00 +0000
Reference1: https://github.com/openSUSE/perl-BSSolv/issues/6
Reference2: https://github.com/openSUSE/perl-BSSolv/pull/7

Hello,

When there are multiple packages available for a specific "Requires:" entity
during OBS build,
even if it is directed to a single package with "Recommends:", OBS says
"have choice for" error and stops building.

(From Reference 1)

Case:

Package A
A requires A-compat
A recommends A-x
A-x provides A-compat
A-y provides A-compat

Package B
B buildrequires A

Result of building B

"unresolvable" because "have choice for A-compat needed by A: A-x A-y

Expected Result:

Building B incurs installing A-x and A unless it explicitly BuildRuquires on A-y

We are already experiencing this issue at build.tizen.org and I do not
want to force release engineers to put "Prefer" for every case in the
OBS project config. So I'd rather update perl-BSSolv and obs-build.
(Reference 2)

Those troubling packages (A-x, A-y, ...) are usually binaries behaving
differently
with the common interfaces. (e.g., one for optimized-size, another for
optimized-energy, ...)
Users may choose one of them at install-time (or at binary-image configuration).

Could you please tell me how can I make the commits resolving the mentioned
issue
more probable to contribute? or give me some comments on them?
( https://github.com/openSUSE/perl-BSSolv/pull/7
https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/pull/303 )

Cheers,
MyungJoo