Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: introducing new macros across the whole OBS?
Am 10.11.2016 um 16:50 schrieb jan matejek:

On 10.11.2016 16:45, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Nov 10 2016, jan matejek <jmatejek@xxxxxxx> wrote:

devel:languages:python itself builds for distros as old as SLE11. we
might drop that soon, but still there's SLE12_backports, 13.2 and both
Leaps, both of which are "old distros" for the purpose of this
discussion, seeing as they're already released.

So do many personal / topical / private repositories.

We need to support all of that, otherwise nobody will switch to the new
macros.

No problem, set up the project config of devel:languages:python as you
like. That's your anchor.

But then everyone who wants to build a python package would need to fork
from d:l:py. This is not the case in practice.

When we switched to new set of perl packages, we had every new package
buildrequire perl-macros. This way if someone branched a new perl
package, he would be told to also branch perl-macros into his prj
if he cared for backports.

Greetings, Stephan