[opensuse-buildservice] Re: introducing new macros across the whole OBS?
On 10.11.2016 14:03, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Nov 10 2016, jan matejek <jmatejek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it possible to make the buildservice itself recognize this macro, or
place it in some sort of global prjconf?

Project configs are inherited across repo paths, so I'm not sure what
you mean with global prjconf.

I'm not sure either, that's why I'm asking here ;)

What macros are supported at buildrequires evaluation time? How are
these configured? I know that only single-line expansion works, so there
must be some sort of special handling.

An option could be to put this into prjconf of Factory and other
distros? So everyone building for Factory, directly or indirectly, would
also inherit the macros?
However, I'm told that changing prjconf of old distributions would
trigger unwanted rebuilds and we definitely don't want that. Does it
mean that something like %python_module can never be supported on old
distros?

Andreas.