Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Confused package scheduler
On October 27, 2016 at 12:46 PM Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:05:43PM +0200, Marcus Klein wrote:

On October 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 04:50:36PM +0200, Marcus Klein wrote:
What do you mean by "higher path"? The list in the project dependencies?

x86_64

We defined the path for version 1.0.1 of UI and base first. Is this
correct?

I think you want to add

right after the UI path.

To give you complete freedom over the repository setup, OBS only
"expands" the last component of a path. So with the current setup
you get:
current_project
UI-1.0.1
extension-1.0.0
base-1.0.0 (expanded from extension-1.0.0)

Note that the repos are strictly priorized, if a package is in
multiple repos, only the first one is used and all the others are
excluded. A versioned dependency does not change this, you will
just get a "nothing provides" if you try to select an excluded package.

I found this documentation:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tips_and_Tricks#Adding_multiple_repositories_to_a_project

(You can play tricks with aggregates if you need to workaround this
for special cases.)

Our trick was to change the order of the path:

x86_64

With that you get the following expanded search path:
current_project
extension-1.0.0
UI-1.0.1
base-1.0.1 (expanded from UI-1.0.1)

extension-1.0.0 depends on base-1.0.0

Why is it not
current_project
extension-1.0.0
base-1.0.0
UI-1.0.1
base-1.0.1
?

Sorry, sent to early.

I.e. you no longer have base-1.0.0 in the path. But extension-1.0.0
now comes before UI-1.0.1, but that doesn't seem to cause problems
for you.

This solved the problem. "package-a" is now considered with version 1.0.1
from base 1.0.1 project. I am not sure, why this happens/works now because
it is totally contrary to what the documentation says.

No it's not ;)

Btw, osc buildinfo contains the expanded path at the bottom, so you can
use that to check if your setup is correct.

I see a long list of added packages but no expanded path.

Kind regards,
Marcus

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg