Re: [opensuse-buildservice] scheduled packages are not build
On 10/18/2016 10:22 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Hi Larry,

On Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016 09:32:29 Larry Finger wrote:
On 10/18/2016 04:45 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016 10:30:15 Adrian Schröter wrote:

You require a build system with 14GB memory. Seems we do not offer that
atm. Btw, we are currently working on a feature to make such mistakes
more visible ...

Thank you for enlightment. Obviously, my package inherited that from
Virtualization virtualbox, where Larry changed this constraint 5 days ago.

That requirement changed to prevent packages from crashing by running out of
memory on OBS even though the osc builds are successful on my own machine
with 8 GB of RAM. Note that these builds DID NOT use any swap.

I love those behavioral differences, sure you, too... ;)
12M looks like a decent value - thanks.

For the record, which processes were crashing? if it's gcc, we should limit
_smp_mflags, since that typically translates to -j16 on the BS, and this may
result in such pathological situations for virtualbox.

The crashing process is g++ while compiling the webserv part of the package. The make step is already limited to -j2, which helped the build, but 8 MB was still not enough - 12 MB seems to work. but we will need more testing.

Larry