Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Source RPMs in OBS

On Wednesday 2016-10-05 09:33, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

When I build packages in OBS, I get a source RPM for each architecture
(e.g., i586, x86_64). I am curious what the differences might be in
these source RPMs. I would guess there are two possible sources of
differences: the package's .spec file and the OBS macros used when
making the source RPMs. Are there directives in either of these that
are resolved when the source RPM is built, resulting in a different
source RPMs on a specific platform?

Yes, you can do fancy things with prjconf.

%ifarch x86_64
Substitute: foobar-devel foo64-devel
%else
Substitute: foobar-devel foo32-devel
%endif

and since that is a change done before rpmbuild is called, both .src.rpms will
be different.