[opensuse-buildservice] Caching with git service
Hi All,

I've been finding the git services really helpful for some of the
smaller things I maintain but I also maintain a couple of larger
libraries (git repos of over 100mb) and having to clone the repo every
build is not a fast process. I was thinking about improving this process
by "caching" the git repo's, so the service would first check to see if
the repository existed in $XDG_CACHE_HOME/osc/git-service and if it did
rather then cloning it again running "git clean" + "git reset --hard" +
"git update".

Does anyone have any objections to this idea or reasons why it couldn't
work. I could always create a second "git-cache" service if people
didn't want it to be the default behaviour.

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30