Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc doesn't work on new installation: M2Crypto is needed to access https://api.opensuse.org in a secure way
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 22:50:52 +0200
On Montag, 18. Juli 2016 18:58:37 Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
Am 18.07.2016 um 16:44 schrieb Marcus Hüwe:
Dear Markus et al!

This issue is still present on my system. IMHO the problem resides in
the python libraries itself. I can not even import the ssl module:
python -c "import ssl"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/ssl.py", line 97, in <module>

import _ssl # if we can't import it, let the error
propagate

ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.so: undefined
symbol: SSLv2_method>
This looks like your installed python version doesn't fit to your
installed
libopenssl1_0_0 (or the other way around). What's the output of
rpm -q python libopenssl1_0_0

What distribution are you running (TW, Leap...)?

Unfortunately I'm not able to solve that issue here. Having a look at
the pyhon in openSUSE:Factory, I have seen that _ssl.so had completely
been removed from the spec file with the update to 2.7.12.>
Huh? r119 ships the _ssl.so

Marcus, you are great! You are right, I had a libopenssl1_0_0 library for
another openSUSE version (13.2) installed. When I remember right, I have
had a wrong update repo (to 13.2) installed some month ago. As 13.2's
libopenssl library is newer than Leap's (1.0.1k vs 1.0.1i), it did update
to the other version. Don't know, why all the other things on the PC are
running properly :-)

Things, that zypper up will not want to update are suspicious (but usual for
complex repo setups).

A "careful" zypper dup might help you in this respect, since that would have
downgraded that package after the repo fix.

zypper dup is dangerous in the wrong hands, but a real live saver for those,
that know, what they're doing...

Pete