Re: [opensuse-buildservice] autotools source service.

On Monday 2016-06-20 08:36, Simon Lees wrote:

I'm looking at how feasible it is to swap my old enlightenment "Nightly"
build scripts from some pretty messy bash to obs source services. I
could just use the git service but one of the things that my upstream
are especially talented in is breaking builds from within tarballs
generated by "make dist" so my question is has anyone looked at pulling
the current git master, then running "./configure; make dist" and then
building from the resulting tarball.

Your end goal is a binary build, so why bother with creating a `make
dist`-made tarball? Download from git, run autoreconf, configure,
make all.

The most annoying thing about this is to generate the tarball you need
to run configure which involves having the right dependencies installed
so in order to run it it really needs to be done from the build vm.

To run configure, you only need the dependencies it considers
mandatory, which is often a set _smaller_ than the set of
dependencies required to get everything expanded right by m4.