[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Package showing "unresolvable" for Tumbleweed because "nothing provides libcap"
Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I got some packages that I have not touched in a longer time, but
which got an update recently. I saw no changes to the spec (apart from
mine) but suddenly they are showing "unresolvable" because "nothing
provides libcap".

Have I missed a change recently? I have no clue, but it seems libcap
is still available for Tumbleweed:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/libcap

This package hasn't been providing libcap since 2007, when it was
updated to follow the library packaging policy. Just remove the
dependency on libcap, the dependency on libcap-devel is enough.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5