Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Update CentOS:CentOS-7 to latest SP
  • From: Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 11:00:50 +0200
Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2016, 10:45:13 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
RH/CentOS 7 shipped a libical and libical-devel rpm of version 0.42,
and libical.so.0. Packages built against this are unable to get
installed on RH 7.2, because that is using libical-1.x and libical.so.1.
Please consider updating the CentOS:CentOS-7 import to reflect the later
service pack.

...at least when it comes to RHEL7 that should not happen! Clear violation of
the ABI/API backwards compatibility that they are so proud of!

Can you provide me with proof (logfiles etc) so that I can open a bug with RH?

Cheers
Mathias