Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What documentation to try local OBS installation ?
On Dienstag, 10. Mai 2016, 19:44:04 wrote Erico Mendonca:
As I’m currently working on configuring one, I found that both documentation
links are sometimes contradictory and/or outdated. Add that to other
alternative pages on opensuse.org and Tizen, and things can get a bit
strange.

I was sort of writing my own documentation on what works and what doesn’t,
then I found out (after a few days of work, of course) that the script
located at /usr/lib/obs/server/setup-appliance.sh does almost everything,
including some steps not documented properly anywhere.

yes, we are currently updateing the README files for this ...

So, you just need to install the packages and run the script, basically.

Some tips:
- You need the repository at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Server:/2.7/SLE_12/
- For some reason, the package “bsdtar”, which is required, is not available
for SLE12. I branched and built it on my home directory:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emendonca/SLE_12_SP1/

right, I have added it to OBS:Server:2.7 project now as well.

- For some reason, if you try to install the obs-api via command-line zypper,
it’ll give you all sorts of warnings about conflicting files. If you install
it via YaST, it doesn’t (?). You need the following packages (and their
incredible amount of dependencies): obs-server, obs-signd, obs-utils,
obs-worker, obs-api.

yes, the ruby 2.1 packages from SLE 12 are not prepared for parallel
installation of another version.

- make sure you have a FQDN hostname.
- the Rake commands fail if I don’t create an empty
/root/app/jobs/consistency_check.rb file (?)

huh? I can't reproduce this, can you give details about this?

thanks a lot for this feedback
adrian

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5