Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Bootstrapping OBS
On Dienstag, 10. Mai 2016, 19:25:01 wrote Erico Mendonca:
Hello all,

I’m installing a private instance of OBS for a customer, and so far I managed
to bring up all the services (including the frontend). However, I’m not
having much success on bootstrapping it.

After creating an empty SUSE:SLE-12-SP1:GA project, added a project config
(pulled from the corresponding project on build.opensuse.org), I tried two
approaches to bootstrapping it:

1) created a “standard” x86_64 DoD repository via the UI, pointing the URL to
a local HTTP server hosting the installation image for SLES 12 SP1. I noticed
errors on the logs trying to download “repodata”. Ok, it expects a proper
repository created by createrepo, which is not the case. Let’s try something
else.

we have not published repos, so DoD is not a good idea. interconnect is better

2) copied all the binary RPMs to a staging area and proceeded as noted on the
documentation (stop the scheduler and move everything to the corresponding
:full directory, each package renamed to just “.rpm” without a version). Even
though a :full.solv file was created after a while, I still see no packages
at all for the project.

source package containers? no, you don't see them.

What am I missing here?

I also activated the OBS interconnect with openSUSE.org, but I cannot find
any of the projects from build.opensuse.org on the local search. Is that
intended? I wanted to branch a package hosted on OBS.

Yes, but you can anyway access it. Try for example:

osc api /build/openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-12:GA/standard/x86_64/zip

you should see a listing via the interconnect. You can also build against that
repo
in your instance.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5