Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Strange build failures
On Montag, 9. Mai 2016, 20:49:42 wrote Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi Andreas,

On Montag, 9. Mai 2016 13:48:04 Andreas Schwab wrote:
Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
All builds besides Tumbleweed that fail on BS, succeed locally.

Any idea?

Try to do a kvm build locally to check whether the package needs full
networking.

Thanks for the hint, I missed the kvm build opportunity somehow.

The Tumbleweed build failure is related to a Python 2.7.10 build, that has
removed SSLv3 protocol support altogether. From further reading on
CVE-2014-3566, this rather drastic move seems justified.

I was able to get it building, but it took some more disabled tests and
_then_ several attempts, which _feels_ as build host dependent.

This uncertainty counteracts the whole purpose of a deterministic build
service but in the end, the whole system is driven by humans.

well, but where are the build hosts different?
If you find reasons we can maybe do something against it.

Atm, we have some SLE 12, openSUSE 13.2 and 42.1 based build hosts.
But this is only the host and it should not be visible inside of the VM.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany