[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Strange build failures
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 20:49:42 +0200
Hi Andreas,

On Montag, 9. Mai 2016 13:48:04 Andreas Schwab wrote:
Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
All builds besides Tumbleweed that fail on BS, succeed locally.

Any idea?

Try to do a kvm build locally to check whether the package needs full
networking.

Thanks for the hint, I missed the kvm build opportunity somehow.

The Tumbleweed build failure is related to a Python 2.7.10 build, that has
removed SSLv3 protocol support altogether. From further reading on
CVE-2014-3566, this rather drastic move seems justified.

I was able to get it building, but it took some more disabled tests and
_then_ several attempts, which _feels_ as build host dependent.

This uncertainty counteracts the whole purpose of a deterministic build
service but in the end, the whole system is driven by humans.

Thanks,
Pete