Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Best way to keep local Installation updated
On Freitag, 29. April 2016, 15:28:18 wrote Ralf Becker:
We have success full updated from our 2.4.5 appliance to a 2.5.7
appliance, all OBS data incl. projects and packages seems to be present.

We then tried to update from 2.5.7 to a 2.6.9 appliance without obvious
error messages on the console, but OBS seems empty now.

Logs look like it did not migrate but created a new instance:

obs:/srv/obs # cat /srv/www/obs/api/log/db_migrate.log
Seeding architectures table...
Seeding roles table...
Seeding users table...
Seeding roles_users table...
Seeding static_permissions table...
Seeding static permissions for admin role in roles_static_permissions
table...
Seeding static permissions for maintainer role in
roles_static_permissions table...
Seeding static permissions for reader role in roles_static_permissions
table...
Seeding static permissions for downloader role in
roles_static_permissions table...
Seeding attrib_namespaces table...
Seeding attrib_types table...
Seeding db_project_type table by loading test fixtures
Seeding issue trackers ...

Any pointers where to look?

We also tried and failed with the following upgrade: We installed and
empty 2.6.9, created a single project and package and tried to update to
2.7beta (2.6.90) appliance. Project is also gone after the upgrade.

Uh, that is not something you want to have before weekend ....

When you see the "Seeding" lines someone or some script must have called
the db:setup rake command.

It could be done by the obsapisetup script. It is doing so, when your
database is in mysql is not called "api_production" .

So, that would be the first thing I would check (use "SHOW DATABASES"
on mysql console).

You can either rename it then or configure the other name in

/srv/www/obs/api/config/database.yml

and run the migration manual

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5