Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu 16.04 situation
  • From: Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:08:44 +0200
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 01:40:51PM +0200, Mathias Radtke wrote:
On 25.04.2016 22:52, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Martin Koegler
<martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ubuntu 16.04 moved a large part from main to universe:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2016-April/001179.html

Things like docbook, texinfo, ... are now in universe, so they are not
present in OBS.

In the past, I had to import only a few packages - this time, it looks
like a larger pile.
Others will propably miss (the same) packages.

I understand, the complete universe can't be part of OBS for legal reason.

So if we can't add the whole universe, would it be possible to create a
global Ubuntu 16.04 import project?
Each package is just a _service file to download the 2-3 source files from
archive.ubuntu.org. That way
review of package additions are simple.

I offer to share the packages, that I need to import for my projects
[which include po4a and wxWidgets3.0 and their dependencies].
I'm getting bitten bad by this issue, too. There's a huge chain of
things that have moved from main to universe because now they can
build packages for main from universe. :(

I'd be happy to help with such a thing as I come across things I need as
well.

Me also.
We are building our packages on the OBS. For now one package breaks
because it needs 'ant' to build.
Even when we try to build ant on the OBS it needs a whole list of
dependencies which are currently not present on the OBS.

I have started such a repository (at least for my project):
home:e9925248:Ubuntu:16:04:universe-import

As having everything in one place, I'll accept submit requests to my
repository, which just consist
of a _service file just downloding the sources from the ubuntu archive.

If there is an official repository created, I'll submit my packages to it.

To simplify importing, I created the attached helper script.

Search the package name on packages.ubuntu.com and visit the detail page. Copy
the DSC-Link and run the skript:
home:e9925248:Ubuntu:16:04:universe-import$ ./import.sh gnome-common
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gnome-common/gnome-common_3.14.0-2.dsc
The first parameter is the package name, the second the URL to the dsc file.
It creates a template, which needs further adjustment of the file names.
The run "osc commit".

Regards,
Martin