Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu 16.04 situation
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Martin Koegler
<martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ubuntu 16.04 moved a large part from main to universe:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2016-April/001179.html

Things like docbook, texinfo, ... are now in universe, so they are not
present in OBS.

In the past, I had to import only a few packages - this time, it looks like a
larger pile.
Others will propably miss (the same) packages.

I understand, the complete universe can't be part of OBS for legal reason.

So if we can't add the whole universe, would it be possible to create a
global Ubuntu 16.04 import project?
Each package is just a _service file to download the 2-3 source files from
archive.ubuntu.org. That way
review of package additions are simple.

I offer to share the packages, that I need to import for my projects [which
include po4a and wxWidgets3.0 and their dependencies].

I'm getting bitten bad by this issue, too. There's a huge chain of
things that have moved from main to universe because now they can
build packages for main from universe. :(

I'd be happy to help with such a thing as I come across things I need as well.