Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: What documentation to try local OBS installation ?
On Freitag, 22. April 2016, 16:46:46 wrote Normand:

On 22/04/2016 15:59, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> writes:

On Freitag, 22. April 2016, 15:08:17 wrote Normand:

On 22/04/2016 13:28, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 22.04.2016 11:25, Normand wrote:

What is the best doc to follow to try an OBS local installation ?

That depends on how you want to install it.
The easiest way is definitely the appliance.
You just download the appliance installer,
boot from it and follow the instructions on the screen.

http://openbuildservice.org/download/

In fact I want to make trial on a ppc64le machine, to identify what is
not working for this architecture.

The current problem is that we can't execute the testsuite on ppc64le,
because phantomjs has no support for ppc64le. You can see the state here:

phantomjs version in devel:languages:nodejs (1) do build for ppc64le as per
(2)
It is on its way to TW via request 357644 (3)

(1) https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:nodejs/phantomjs
(2)
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:michel_mno:branches:devel:languages:nodejs/phantomjs
(3) https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/357644

okay, I have updated the version in OBS:Server:Unstable, let's see
how this comes along ...

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/OBS:Server:Unstable

You could disable the test suite in obs-server package, if you want
to build a snapshot to try it in real life. But I don't like to
ship it without ...

Since all obs-server packages are noarch you can just use the packages
that were built on x86_64 as-is on ppc64le.

true ... should be enough for a first local test.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany