Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: slow ftp product builds
Hello Dinar,

On Tuesday, 19 April, 2016 at 03:37 AM, Dinar Valeev <dinarv@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to fix a slow ftp tree build, it takes
about 5 hours to build it. It is fine to wait, but in Tumbleweed days
where many snapshots released during the week this is rather slow.

First of all, I'm not an expert and this might not be a "solution", but a few
months back I enabled "caching" on our KIWI worker and build times have
significantly improved.

# grep CACHE /etc/sysconfig/obs-worker
OBS_CACHE_DIR="/path/to/pkg-cache"
OBS_CACHE_SIZE="50000"
OBS_WORKER_CACHE_SIZE=""

I'm not sure if there are any disadvantages of using caching, but purely from
"build time" perspective, we have seen a lot of improvement!

Hope this helps,
Srinidhi.