Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS:Server:2.{4,5,6} and their packages ...
Am 22.03.2016 um 07:58 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Why are 'obs-service-*' packages only available via OBS:Server:2.4 ...
are they obsolete and not needed anymore ?

No, but they are maintained independend of OBS releases inside of the
openSUSE:Tools project meanwhile.

This means that when adding OBS:Server:2.6 I need to add openSUSE:Tools,
too to get the 'obs-service-*' packages ?

similar for 'rubygem-*' packages ... having some from 2.4 (e.g. ruby19
and rubygem-rack-ssl, which requires ruby19) and lots 2.5 (e.g. ruby20
and deps)

yep, that is the pain with parallel versions :/
But I am on obs 2.6 and there should be same packages in each project ...
I can't remove ruby19, which is required by rubygem-rack-ssl. And
rubygem-rack-ssl is only offered via OBS:Server:2.4. Neither via
OBS:Server:2.5 nor OBS:Server:2.6
This is the case for SLE_10_SP3. I can not speak for other Dists.
But IMHO 'rubygem-rack-ssl' should be offered by OBS:Server:2.6, too if
needed and not only by OBS:Server:2.4.
Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

OBS:Server:2.6
Is it possible to seup a new obs instance with just 2.6 repo ? I think I
would miss some things, perhaps the obs-service-* packages ...

yes, should work. You could even try :Unstable since we are near a 2.7 beta

Thanks for info ... but I prefer to use stable ... for testing ... ok.

BTW is it possible to enable Build in OBS:Server:2.6 for Leap and
SLES_11_SP4 ? Thank you :)

--

Christian
- Please do not 'CC' me on list mails.