[opensuse-buildservice] building DEB packages
Hi,

I think quite some people are building DEB packages in OBS so it seems
to work in principle. Still I have a hard time to build a very simple
package successfully by using
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Debian_builds

I have a non-debian-named tarball which includes a debian/ directory
containing basically everything required (I think).
So what I did was adding this tarball to the OBS package together with a
DSC file.
So from the above documentation I was expecting that a DSC file would be
enough while the remaining information would be extracted and used
automatically from the tarball.

But in any case my build seems to not even reach this step.

All it says is something like:

[ 225s] dpkg-source: warning: extracting unsigned source package
(/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/alfred-json.dsc)
[ 225s] dpkg-source: error: unrecognized file for a v1.0 source
package: alfred-json-0.3.1.tar.gz
[ 225s] dpkg-source: info: extracting alfred-json in
/usr/src/packages/BUILD
[ 225s] -----------------------------------------------------------------
[ 225s] ----- building alfred-json.dsc (user abuild)
[ 225s] -----------------------------------------------------------------
[ 225s] -----------------------------------------------------------------
[ 225s] -su: line 0: cd: /usr/src/packages/BUILD: No such file or directory
[ 225s]
[ 225s] cloud128 failed "build alfred-json.dsc" at Wed Mar 16 23:23:56
UTC 2016.

I've tried different things meanwhile including
- leaving out file entries in the DSC file
- use fake data in the files section as proposed by the documentation

The build always ended with similar messages but always with dpkg-source
errors like "not matching size" etc.

So what is the right way to build a DEB package with what I have as
described above?

(Package I'm trying to build is this one:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:wrosenauer:freifunk/alfred-json)

Thanks,
Wolfgang