Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Improvements for building .deb packages for projects with an in-tree debian/ (or debian.upstream/) directory
  • From: Terry Burton <tez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 22:38:30 +0000
On 23 February 2016 at 18:22, Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 09:51:46PM +0000, Terry Burton wrote:
<...snip...>
2. DEBIAN.* FILES: I have to separately map each of the files in my
project's debian.upstream/ directory to debian.* files for OBS. It
would be great to indicate to debtransforn that a particular directory
in the tarball contains Debian packaging. Then you would only need to
provide the .dsc file, not the debian.{rules,control} files, etc.

I have included debian/ in the tarball. I only extract a dummy file
[debian.debtransform]
to trigger a debtransform run as well as the changelog, so that debtransform
can update
it.
I would still allow me to add/update file in the debian/ directory, if I just
add
futher debian.* files.

Thanks Martin and Jan for your help and examples.

The result is a vast improvement over what I started with.

My working _service file:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:terryburton:postscriptbarcode/libpostscriptbarcode/_service

All the best,

Terry