Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What am I doing wrong creating a new package?
Hi,

On Sunday, 14 February, 2016 at 04:57 PM, Dave Plater
<dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I've never seemed to get this right, I either create a new package
directory under my home:plater directory then download the packages src
tarball or another distros src rpm and create or in the case of src rpm
fix the spec file and then create a changes file with osc vc.
I create the package in my home project in the build service using osc
meta pkg -e and then use osc init, osc ar and osc ci to upload the files.

I don't think you need to create a package first using "osc meta pkg".

This used to work once upon a time but lately I have to manually add the
files to my build service package, delete the local package directory
I've created and then check it out with osc co.
Is there no easy way to create the package on my local machine and then
upload to my home project?

$ osc mkpac <package>
$ cd <package>
$ cp /path/to/{tarball,spec} . # or "osc importsrcpkg /path/to/src.rpm" for
your other usage
$ osc vc
$ cd ..
$ osc ci <package>

I've used the above step on my local OBS 2.5 and believe this should continue
to work on build.opensuse.org as well.

Hope this helps,
Srinidhi.