[opensuse-buildservice] Issues building libvirt for Ubuntu 14.04
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 02:06:59 -0500
Hello all,

I've been trying fruitlessly for the last couple of months to build
libvirt for Ubuntu in OBS.

At first, I was building in chroots, but they always managed to break
in such a way that the chroots were unusual until they were manually
unmounted, erased, and the system restarted. Then, I tried switching
to LXC containers, and wound up getting bitten by this bug[0]. The
issue appeared to be prevalent and well-known, basically requiring
policy tweaks to LXC to have makedev work. But because I didn't want
to do that, I moved onto KVM builders, which also failed[1]. I was
quite surprised when this happened and uploaded the package sources to
build-o-o to see if it was just my local instance screwing up the
builds. However, I was soundly disproven when it continued to fail on
the openSUSE instance[2].

Interestingly, this package compiles just fine on an actual Ubuntu
system, though it doesn't handle being built in a chroot, due to
libpam-systemd breaking. I'm not sure if the inability to connect to
upstart might have been a factor as well.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm at my wit's end, and this is
extremely frustrating for me...

[0]: https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/issues/229
[1]: https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/issues/230
[2]: