Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build debian packages locally?
On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 12:25 +0100, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 02:05:29PM -0800, James Bottomley wrote:
My problem is that when uploaded to the Build Server, debian builds
work fine. For example this one:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:jejb1:Asterisk/asteris

However, when I try to build locally (to verify I've got the debian
files right), the build fails because it can't download any of the
build dependencies:

osc build Debian_8.0 i586
Building asterisk_13.6.0~dfsg-2.dsc for Debian_8.0/i586
Getting buildinfo from server and store to
/home/jejb/osc/home:jejb1:Asterisk/asterisk/.osc/_buildinfo
-Debian_8.0
-i586.xml
Getting buildconfig from server and store to
/home/jejb/osc/home:jejb1:Asterisk/asterisk/.osc/_buildconfig
-Debian_8.0-i586
Updating cache of required packages
100.0% cache miss. 0/542 dependencies cached.

Trying openSUSE Build Service server for base-passwd (Debian:8.0),
not
found at download.opensuse.org.
Trying openSUSE Build Service server for user-setup (Debian:8.0),
not
found at download.opensuse.org.
Trying openSUSE Build Service server for perl (Debian:8.0), not
found
at download.opensuse.org
[...]

Those are not error messages, they just tell you that the packages
need do be downloaded from OBS directly.

There should be a "fetching packages for 'Debian:8.0'" line after all
those messages.

Actually, this (failure to download) turned out to be unwarned missing
packages. After doing

zypper in dpkg binutils devscripts

It will now download and install debian packages as the last stage in
the process. Sorry for the noise. This is a newly installed system
which is replacing an older one which had just worked(tm).

Thanks,

James