Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Question about logic in an example spec file?
As a guess:

A lot of spec files in OBS are updated via automated scripts. They
aren't always the smartest.

The code probably had:

%if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1210 || 0%{?fedora_version}
(1) BuildRequires: systemd
%{?systemd_requires}
%define have_systemd 1
%else
(2) PreReq: %fillup_prereq
PreReq: %insserv_prereq
%endif

Before an automated script came along and fixed the else clause.

One way to tell is to look back at the revision history of the spec
file. Hopefully the changes file will detail that an automated script
made the change.

This example just happens to come from Shorewall. I wanted an example that had
multiple subpackages & dealt with multiple distros. I have this one installed
even though it doesn't look like it's being updated anymore. (Eventually I
guess I'll get around to build something newer maybe.)

Looking at its history,

https://build.opensuse.org/package/revisions/openSUSE:Factory/shorewall

I'm not even sure yet what I'm looking for in these to tell if this was
automated. :-/

But your 'guess' sure sounds reasonable.

Jim