[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-arm] Most ARM v7 workers are broken
Hi,

Actually, I wonder if the rng stuff is really worth the effort
when the majority of our systems is not supporting it.

passing through virtio-rng is definitely a good idea especially with
the terrible openssl on SLE12 that requires several kilobytes of
entropy for generating a trivial RSA key. However, I'm not sure if
selecting /dev/hwrng was a good idea, since that one has an
unspecified quality (and might be returning 00"s all day). The normal
setup is that you run rngd that tests the entropy of hwrng before
feeding bad kernel into the kernel entropy pool, and /dev/random is
seeded with those entropy sources that provide the required quality.

With just using /dev/random from the host the amount of code needed
and the level of breakage should be minimized accross architectures.