Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS package request: borgbackup
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 22:40:24 -0500
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 1:25 PM, S. <sb56637@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the proper place for this, but would it be possible
to request a package? I need the Borgbackup program
(https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/releases) in order to use openSUSE. I
tried to package it with the OBS but I'm running into dependency errors, as
it's a fairly complex Python app.

Thanks for the help!
Sb

It's not in the distro, but a user does have it on OBS: (No idea if
it works, but it does build.)

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:cristi_p/borgbackup

That is from the June (0.23) release, but the specfile looks pretty
straightforward.

In general asking for someone else to package up a tool you need is
going to fall on deaf ears.

If you want to give it a shot yourself, then you could branch that
project and try to update it to the current release.

If you decide to try and encounter issues, the place to ask for help
is opensuse-packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Good Luck,
Greg