Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Which repository for current tumbleweed kernel?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:01:05 +0100
On Friday 13 November 2015, 12:41:08 wrote Lorenz:
Hi there,

I noticed that the "Tumbleweed" repository has already kernel 4.3.0 available
since Nov 6th. See

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/
kernel-default-4.3.0-1.1.x86_64.rpm

Despite this, some kernel modules of my home repository
home:lorenz:filesystems are still compiled for version 4.2.4 and have not yet
since been scheduled for a new build.

There seems to be quite some delay until the new kernel is "noticed". Is such
a delay normal or did I specify the wrong repository?

repository indirect changes are indeed handled as "low" priority events.
You can see a graph of the load at the bottom left on the monitor page.

I specified Tumbleweed as

<repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

Is this the repository that ends up at

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/ ?

I don't care too much about some delay, however I would like to have a
consistent set of repositories. Now, with the two repos

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/src-oss

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lorenz:/filesystems/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

zypper dup

complains about an unfulfilled dependency for zfs-kmp-default, as the old
kernel is no longer available.

Can I do something to change this?

You can trigger manualy a rebuild, this is handled as high-prio event.

Is the slightly older Tumbleweed repo available somewhere?
Or can I change the repository definition of my home project to point to the
project that represents the current stuff in

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss ?

Sorry for my confusion,
Lorenz

(AG Nürnberg)