[opensuse-buildservice] tar_scm service seemingly not fetching latest src
Hello fine obs folks,

I have a standalone obs server and a number of packages using _service files
that use “tar_scm” + “extract_file” + “recompress” services to fetch their
inputs. I have been unable to put my finger on the condition that leads to
this, but periodically I encounter situations where the latest SCM changes are
not included, even after a rebuild is forced with “osc service remoterun”.
This can be easily confirmed by examining the files presented in obs UI (and
the final build rpms) vs the committed files in git. I have seen this now when
interfacing with both external repositories (github) and internal repositories.

When I am fortunate enough to detect that obs is building from older src
versions, the “fix” I have stumbled upon is to make a noop change to the
package _service file (I generally just append a newline). Then, after a
commit, the latest contents will be ingested.

I detect this fairly infrequently, but it just happened again and the noop
change to _service file resolved it. Obviously it’s disconcerting to think
other builds might be using older SCM contents and I was wondering if folks
might have debug suggestions the next time it happens?

The current issue was observed running obs 2.6.4 on opensuse 13.2.

Thanks,

Karl--

  • No further messages