Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Create Add-On product with OBS: Setup and repos?
On Tue, 2015-10-20 at 19:07 +0200, Till Dörges wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to build an addon CD using a private OBS instance.

<snip>

I've tried to configure the repositories according to:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/meta/OBS:Server:2.5

where it reads:

<repository name="images">
<path project="OBS:Server:2.5" repository="openSUSE_13.1"/>
<path project="openSUSE:Tools" repository="openSUSE_13.1"/>
<path project="openSUSE:13.1:NonFree" repository="standard"/>
<path project="openSUSE:13.1:Update" repository="standard"/>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

I assume I don't need the first nor the NonFree one. The standard
openSUSE 13.1 repo
is locally available and configured.

What about openSUSE:Tools? Is this generally needed for building
addons?

You should only need a repo that contains the dependencies for building
a kiwi image. So, base build system, plus kiwi and the proper kiwi
-instsource-plugins package and a few other things. Should be all in
the 13.1 repo you have.

Pay attention to the project config. Specifically the following
definition:

%if "%_repository" == "images"
Type: kiwi
Repotype: staticlinks
Patterntype: none
%endif

That will instruct the build service to build kiwi images in the
"images" repo target.

Also the following line is required to pull in the right packages for
building the add-on image:

Substitute: kiwi-packagemanager:instsource kiwi-instsource
cdrkit-cdrtools-compat syslinux kiwi-instsource-plugins-openSUSE-12-1

The kiwi-instsource-plugins package needs to match the distribution you
are building for to be sure it creates a compatible add-on. The proper
one should be provided with the target distribution.

The other kiwi substitutions are for live images and not required for
add-on images.

-Scott