Re: What are delayed_jobs?, WAS: [opensuse-buildservice] mysqld consuming 100% CPU since updating to 2.6.5
Hi,

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:30:56 +0200
"Carsten Höger" <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Meanwhile I removed it here /srv/www/obs/api/db/seeds.rb and in the
mysqldb

update issue_trackers set enable_fetch=0 where description like
"openSUSE Bugzilla";

Btw.: What are these delayed_jobs meant for?
Can we just delete all these 400k entries in that table?

I did exactly this while updating a test machine copied from Packman's
PMBS from 2.5 to 2.6 back in June. Seemed to introduce no harm.

For the real update is stopped postfix while the delayed jobs tried to
notify our users and deleted the mail storm once the job queue was
empty, and restarted postfix.

YMMV, but greetings,

Stefan
--