Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc bco pkg creates incomplete working copy
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 15:12:45 +0200
On 2015-10-07 14:51:18 +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
Currently 'osc bco pkg' branches the given pkg from Factory, but the
resulting checkout lacks the _link file.

bco checks out the expanded sources by default (after the checkout, you
can switch to the osc working copy and run "osc up -u" to get the
unexpanded sources, which contain the _link).

This results in commit failures because the working copy is out of date.
'osc up' before commit is a workaround.

Hmm in this situation, a subsequent "osc up" shouldn't checkout the _link
file. About which project/package are talking?
I suspect that the branched package contains a _service file (in this
case, "osc bco" checked out the "wrong" sources (I fixed this recently [1])).

Marcus

[1]
https://github.com/openSUSE/osc/commit/400352c61ef946c47c41b0968bbb87a4398f6805