[opensuse-buildservice] script-without-shebang warning for desktop files
  • From: Stanislav Baiduzhyi <baiduzhyi.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 22:20:29 +0200
Hi All,

I've seen quite conflicting information on this, so want to ask here:

I am getting script-without-shebang warning from rpmlint for desktop
files under /usr/share/applications/ . But it looks little illogical
for desktop files to have x bit in a first place. Adding shebang to
desktop files makes KDE4 lose icons on them, so I would rather go with
removing the x bit.

If I will remove x bit from desktop files, will I have problems with
it later? How different desktops are treating desktop files without x
bit?