Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS:Server:Unstable broken on Factory? (Passenger error)
Am 21.09.2015 um 11:34 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Montag, 21. September 2015, 11:32:47 CEST wrote Andreas Färber:
managed to get it to work again, by running `rake gem:check` in
that directory: Turned out that my `zypper up` reverted all my
hand-tweaked gem versions in /srv/www/obs/api/Gemfile.lock, which then
showed in this hard to understand way...

Question remains what can be done to make obs-server Tumbleweed-friendler.

Why do you need to hand-tweek that file? Which rubygem version does not match?

Rails 4.2.2 vs. 4.2.4 affects multiple gems (activesupport etc.), plus:

minitest 5.8.0 vs. 5.7.0 *
rails-dom-testing 1.0.6 vs. 1.0.7
loofah 2.0.2 vs. 2.0.3
rack 1.6.2 vs. 1.6.4
globalid 0.3.5 vs. 0.3.6
mime-types 2.6.2 vs. 2.6.1 *
arel 6.0.0 vs. 6.0.3
daemons 1.2.2 vs. 1.2.3
haml 4.0.6 vs. 4.0.7
sprockets 3.2.0 vs. 3.3.4
sprockets-rails 2.3.1 vs. 2.3.3

In particular when it's just the x.y.Z level differing, I don't see the
point of building the package in a branch of my own when the Tumbleweed
repo provides me with the latest fixes.

Only in two cases (*) was it an x.y.Z-1 or x.Y-1.z downgrade - guessing
the package submission is in Staging or not published/built for armv7l yet.

Anyway, this looks just as bad as Maven (Java), which also hardcodes the
exact version as dependency rather than leaving fixes to the distro!

Further, the version of python-yum differs not in the version but by one
build number, 3.4.3-17.3 vs. 3.4.3-17.2, causing package conflicts.

The published obs* rpms are only verified against the rubygem packages
from the same repository. If you use different ones no one knows what
happens ...

I doubt that many people have tested this on ARMv7 anyway... I know we
have installations on AArch64 that we've demo'ed, but there still
doesn't seem to be an official way to install that either, with your
home:adrianSuSE branch gone.

And like I said, it seemed and now again seems to work just fine with
the current Tumbleweed versions. When it breaks with some update, it
will need to be fixed at some point anyway.

Cheers,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)