[opensuse-buildservice] Donate CPU cycles to the OBS.
  • From: jcsl <trcs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:02:01 +0200
Hi.

Just as is done in scientific and other kind of projects, is it possible to
install a client that allows CPU cycles to be donated to the OBS? For example,
my desktop is relatively powerful (Phenom 2 X6, 16 GB of RAM), and I currently
don't perform intensive tasks on it. So I could donate those unused CPU cycles
while you the computer is on.

Many users complain of not being able to contribute to the project for various
reasons. I think this would be a way to contribute and help improve the
project because it would increase the processing power available for the
various tasks that the project encompasses.

Greetings.