Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Donate CPU cycles to the OBS.
  • From: Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:33:46 +0200
On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 08:59:24PM +0200, jcsl wrote:
I didn't think about security... Well, I just asked to see if it already
existed the necessary framework to do the job. If it has to be done it's only
more work to do and another thing to maintain, so not very appealing in the
end. But now that you mention the security subject, I wonder myself how do
other projects manage this. I mean, SETI and some other big projects are
distributed and users could forge the data too.

SETI is less security sensitive. If you claim, that you found something, they
will very likely recheck the results.

https://blog.torproject.org/category/tags/deterministic-builds
Such verified build even need more CPU.

Regards,